- M Cuttance
- Grease a 20 x 20cm sponge roll tin and line with baking paper. Combine cashew nuts and oats in a food processor until crumb-like. Add the dates and coconut oil and continue to blend. Press into the tin and chill.
- For the filling – combine the dates, almond milk, maple syrup, coconut oil and salt in a saucepan and boil for approximately 2 minutes until the dates soften.
- Place in food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour over the base and spread evenly. Chill.
- Melt together the Whittaker’s chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave (heating and stirring at increments to avoid burning) Once melted, pour oven the caramel layer and return to the fridge until firmly set.
- Once set, cut into squares with a hot knife.