To read about our Website Terms Conditions, click here.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
We may collect and use the following information:
- Usage Data, including:
- Information about your use of our websites including statistical data about your visit including, but not limited to, the date and time of your visit, the number of links you have clicked on, the pages you have visited, and the number of times you have visited, the advertising you could see while on the websites, the path you used through our websites and the path you used to get to our websites.
- Information about how you access our websites, including, but not limited to, the type of device you use to access our websites, your location, your domain name and IP address, your internet browser software and operating system and platform.
- Information about how you interact with our websites across devices, including, but not limited to, the type of devices you use to access our websites, the pages you have visited using different devices, purchase behaviour across multiple devices.
- Personal Data, including personal information about you that you submit to us, such as your email address, name, date of birth, age, address, and other information that you have provided to us through your use of our websites or otherwise.
Such information may be collected by us when you use the websites or through third party technology used on or in connection with the websites (such as, but not limited to Doubleclick, Google, Shortstack and Flockler) or may be provided by third parties that we work with (such as sub-contractors, advertising networks, analytics providers, software and service provider and search information providers and technology).
We may collect information about you that you share through other platforms, where permitted by those platforms’ terms and conditions. You should carefully read the terms and conditions of any platform that you use.
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information (including the personal information you provide to us and that we obtain from third parties or through third party technology) for a number of purposes, including:
- to conduct market, product or sales research, data processing and statistical analysis, and business improvement analysis
- to better understand your preferences so that we can improve our products and to identify and market the products or promotions that may be of interest to you (or allow third parties to do so)
- to measure interest in and improve our products and websites
- to send you promotions and other information we think you may be interested in, or to send you rewards
- to carry out aggregated statistical data analysis or market research
- to measure the effectiveness of and to improve the relevance of internet advertising and promotional emails
- to combine the information we collect with other information we collect about you or that third parties collect from you, to learn about your interests and preferences so we can provide you with an improved online experience, improve our products and services and identify suitable offers and promotions you might be interested in
- to create remarketing audiences for our own advertising purposes
- in order for third parties to provide use with services, including in relation to our websites
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure
- otherwise to conduct and develop our business
- disclose Usage Data to any third party that identifies you individually; or
- disclose Personal Data to any third party without your permission, unless required or permitted by law.
Personal Data and Usage Data that we collect may be transferred and stored outside of the New Zealand or outside of the country where you are based, to the people and for the purposes set out above. It is not practicable to specify all the countries in which overseas recipients may be located.
WHO MAY WE DISCLOSE TO?
We may disclose your Usage Data and Personal Data to:
- third party data processing agents to assist us in providing products or services to you;
- third party organizations for the purpose of conducting market research or business analysis for us;
- other third parties as required or permitted by law.
We take reasonable precautions to make sure that we keep your Personal Data secure on our websites and any associated computer systems. Because the internet is an open network, we cannot warrant or guarantee that your Personal Data is safe from unauthorised access or use. Usage Data and Personal Data may be kept on computer systems operated by third parties. We will take reasonable precautions against unauthorised access and disclosure by those third parties.
PERSONAL DATA BELONGS TO YOU
From time to time we may send you, and you agree to receive, emails and other promotions relating to us, our related companies, products or websites. You may opt out of receiving those emails and other promotions at any time by following the opt-out instructions provided by us.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used by online service providers in order to (for example) make their websites or services work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information. Cookies set by the website owner or service provider (in this case, Whittaker’s) are called "first party cookies". Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called "third-party cookies". Third-party cookies enable third-party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website or service you are using (such as analytics). The third parties that set these third-party cookies can recognise your computer both when it visits the website or service in question and also when it visits certain other websites or services.
We use first-party and third-party cookies for several reasons. Some cookies are required for technical reasons in order for our websites to operate, and we refer to these as "essential" or "strictly necessary" cookies. Other cookies enable us and the third parties we work with to track the interests of visitors to our websites, and we refer to these as "performance" or "functionality" cookies. Finally, third-parties serve cookies through our websites for analytics, and other purposes. This is described in more detail below.
Cookies served through our websites
The specific types of first and third-party cookies served through our websites and the purposes they perform are described in further detail below.
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences or filling in forms.
You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site.
All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
- _GA (Google Analytics)
- _GAT (Google Analytics)
- _Gid (Google Analytics)
- Collect (Google Analytics)
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages.
If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
Our websites may contain links to third party websites. These third party websites may have different privacy policies and security measures. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of third party websites.
Your use of our websites is governed by our Terms and Conditions of use. Please read these carefully, as you agree to them by your use of the relevant website.
CONTACTING US ABOUT PRIVACY
If you wish to contact us about your privacy, including requesting corrections to your Personal Data, you can click here for contact details.